Saturday, December 08, 2007

Atonement Opens Stateside


My favorite book by my favorite author has been turned into a movie with glowing reviews and best picture nods. The story of atonement is devastating. The feeling of the ending of the book stayed with me for a week after I finished it. Apparently the movie does it justice.

It comes out today, but only in a handful of theaters. I may have to drive 50 miles to see it today, if it isn't sold out.

This is one of the year's best films, a certain best picture nominee. -Roger Ebert

It ranks with the best novel adaptations of recent times. - Hollywood reporter

Atonement is so good it redeems our faith in intelligent drama.
- Box office magazine

As close to perfection as mere mortals can aspire to - Killer movie reviews
As good a film as one could imagine having been made from a great work of contemporary fiction. -Wallstreet Journal

Atonement is everything a true lover of literature and movies could possibly hope for. It is unquestionably, without any reservations, my favorite film of the year.
-New York Observer

No comments: