Thursday, October 19, 2006

Experiments in Musical Intelligence

While I know this blog isn't abuzz with readers (yet), if anyone should have happened to have read my post below "Counterpoint", I just found the web page where EMI's musical compositions can be listened to.

It is:

http://arts.ucsc.edu/faculty/cope/mp3page.htm


EMI's efforts are impressive. The pieces are essentially built on the scaffolding of the composers' original compositions. While they lack the "soul" (the drama and creativity of human compositions) they are nonetheless interesting.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Interesting. I think what makes music seem human is dynamics. When I have been practicing and I have good control of the instrument I can concentrate on the feeling of it and that always comes through in dynamics, varying the strength of each note depending on how it feels.